Immortal Abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eishelin's Airship

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eishelin

Eishelin

Eishelin's Airship Empty
PostSubject: Eishelin's Airship   Eishelin's Airship Empty2010-12-27, 01:41

Because, seriously - living on the ground is so 21st century...

The name's Eishelin, slaughter... Wait, no, I meant editing... is my game? Well, I'm okay at cleaning, learning typesetting.

In life I consider myself to be an anti-hero (Type I on some days, Type IV and V on others) with both geeky and sarcastic tendencies (but I can be fluffy on request :P ). I'm a first year Computer Science student, so plenty of free time for me.
If it was possible (did not land me in the hospital with a fried liver, scurvy and an uncurable heart condition) I'd eat cheese and drink Salmiakki Koskenkorva daily, occasionally feasting on some sushi or some onigiris.
I also wear skirts 95% of the time. And that's just because running or playing paintball is quite complicated in skirts (I wear pants then - naked paintball would be way too painful).

Pronounication guide (or what's wrong with your nickname, girl)?
Ei - likea in late
Sh - like sh in ash
E - like e in let
Lin - like lin in Linda, which also happens to be my real name.

Also - is there a way I can connect to that damn irc server, if I can't get my ident working? I haven't been able to get it working from both my *nix and windows systems.

Last edited by Eishelin on 2010-12-27, 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tyresonance
Admin
tyresonance

Eishelin's Airship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eishelin's Airship   Eishelin's Airship Empty2010-12-27, 09:53

an antihero... hmm interesting description XD, I don't think i've ever heard that before.... And the skirt thing.... I wear mostly pants mostly cuz i swear my hair grows like magic.... one day i take it off, next day its there -.-'... count yourself lucky...

For irc, are you talking about mibbit? becasue thats very easy to get on. Identity issue? Having a nick issue won't hamper the connection to the server, you should still be able to get into our channel.

If you choose a name and the page says "this nick is registered. if its yours please /msg nickserv...." (something around those lines) That just means the name has been reserved from someone else already so choose something else quickly (you can do that by typing in "/nick [insertdesiredname]" ) or the irc server will automatically reassign you some name (like Guest3647829) ... Just post if you still have issues...

PS. I like your airship residence I <3 thee
Back to top Go down
http://immortalabyss.wordpress.com
Eishelin

Eishelin

Eishelin's Airship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eishelin's Airship   Eishelin's Airship Empty2010-12-27, 14:21

Well about skirts and hair, there's this brilliant thing called black tights. Works like a charm every time, especially in the colder months. The summer can get quite annoying, but thankfully it's just a couple of months a year.

Nope, I'm talking about using an *IRC client to connect to the ircheaven server (at least that's where your homepage tells your channel's at). Ircheaven useses ident protocol to filter out spammers. Well it would seem that mine's broken, as I can't get any of my computers to respond. Probably there's a problem at ISP level, as I've tried opening ports in my router and firewall with no luck.

And yeah, airships are awesome. If I was born a couple centuries sooner or later in a more steampunk world, I'd be an airship pirate.
Back to top Go down
tyresonance
Admin
tyresonance

Eishelin's Airship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eishelin's Airship   Eishelin's Airship Empty2010-12-27, 16:27

Actually the server is IRCHIGHWAY not ircheaven.... and it seems im might be unable to help you. Since each client has its own issues...they all tend to be as different as oil and water. Don't know why you need spammer control... we don't get spammers on our channel....
Back to top Go down
http://immortalabyss.wordpress.com
Eishelin

Eishelin

Eishelin's Airship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eishelin's Airship   Eishelin's Airship Empty2010-12-27, 16:53

I misspelled that bit. I was trying the right one.
Well I've tried a bunch of IRC clients. mIRC, XChat, XChat2, XChat from a Unix system - the result's the same.
I bet that if the irchighway did not have that spammer control, you'd get them. Or at least a few.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eishelin's Airship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eishelin's Airship   Eishelin's Airship Empty

Back to top Go down

Eishelin's Airship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Immortal Abyss :: Members' forum :: The Neighborhood-
Jump to: